Sunday, November 17, 2013

::servant::

this weekend is one that has left me overwhelmed with gratitude for ryan.

i am always amazed by all the ways he serves and loves me. and how selfless he is in his care for our family.  

but, this weekend, he has gone above and beyond.

i proposed the idea (actually whit's idea) to host friendsgiving this year. and it was a last minute proposal. he completely went along with it and was more than willing to do anything i needed to make it happen.  

we had such a wonderful night celebrating the blessing of great friends.  it was perfect and i was so thankful to have ryan by my side.

he also surprised me by signing me up for a race he knew i had been thinking of doing.  he watched the kids all morning, came to cheer me on, and when i returned home, he had cleaned up ALL of the dishes AND the house from the party.  amazing.

he took me out tonight on a date that i know wasn't exactly what he'd been wanting to do, but he knew it was what i'd been hoping for.  and it was just what the two of us needed -- time away from the distractions of home and just being together.

thank you, ryan, for all of the amazing ways you love the 5 of us.
you are perfect for me.


a few weekend pics, too...


solids for the first time!


No comments: